Don’t defend transphobes. Don’t throw your fellow women under the bus in exchange for someone else’s approval. It’s gross and I will never apologize for calling it that.
People who defend bigotry are just as guilty as the bigots themselves of spreading violence, persecution and oppression
Do not defend transphobia
Do not give me any of that ‘They’re entitled to their opinion’ or ‘We have to respect their beliefs’ horse shit
“i didn’t mean gay as in gay people!” “i didn’t mean r*****d as in people with disabilities!” “i didn’t mean OCD as in people with OCD!” yes you did. yes you fucking did. whether you meant to or not that is what you fucking meant. shut the fuck up. literally shut your fucking face forever.
real reasons bisexual women are more likely to end up in long-term relationships with men:
- huge amounts of societal pressure to be heterosexual or at least hetero passing
- rewards, both legal and social, of heterosexual marriage
- fear of coming out as bisexual, except in anonymous self-reporting studies
- fear of accidentally flirting with straight women because of the stereotypes concerning homosexuality and predatory behaviours
- disappointment/resignation after a life full of unreciprocated crushes on straight women
- negative opinions about bisexuals making it difficult to find partners within the LGBTQ community
not a reason bisexual women are more likely to end up in long-term relationships with men:
- bisexuality isn’t a real orientation and we’re all secretly faking it
7. approx 5% of the population are queer women, about 45% would be straight men. statistically speaking, you’re just more likely to end up with a man if 19 out of 20 of the people interested in you are men.
Interesting how we’re always hearing how shameful and irresponsible it is to be a teen mom.
But we never hear the same messages directed at teen dads.
Or even the words “teen dad”.
It’s almost like society demonizes women’s sexuality and sexual choices while absolving men of all sexual responsibility and judgement.
I keep hearing people on the teevee rant about “forced diversity” and “PC fascism” and it makes me wonder how these alternate-universe broadcasts are reaching me here in this world where John Constantine has to be straight and pharaohs are being played by squinty Australian white guys.
shoutout to all the girls + women who have thick, dark, and abundant body hair and have to spend time and energy shaving every single day if they don’t want to be harassed by loved ones + strangers alike
shoutout to all the girls + women who decided its not worth their time, even if they only skip sometimes, and endure criticism, harassment, and stigma as the price for their own freedom of time + comfort
legitimate criticisms of feminism:
-transmisogyny and the lack of inclusion of transwomen
-the racist history behind it and the lack of inclusion of woc
-ignoring and invalidating women with disabilities
-pretty much anything that falls under lack of intersectionality
-internalized misogyny and girl hate
-promotion of political lesbianism
illegitimate criticisms of feminism:
-a feminist was really mean to me once
-they’re sexist against men
(trans people have existed for literally centuries)
(non-binary people too)
(the only reason you hear more about trans people now is because its actually a little more safe to explore your gender than ever before)
(did you think of that. did you use your brain for more than one second)