I'm taking the long way home
hockey, video games, art, some ramblings on the side
going, going gone
Post Total: 25 Latest posts
I’ll be wrapping it up here for good.
My time has been less and less on this blog and overall site. I realize now how much my life is a priority right now as I’m trying to get back on my feet and moving as this has been something I’ve been struggling with for years now. Never thought I would have stayed on tumblr for almost 10 years which it’s surprising even to me. All the fandoms and people that I’ve followed since 2011. I’m not going to delete my blog but it’s a chapter that is overdue to be closed.
As much as I dearly love my family, I sometimes wish they weren’t on social media or followed my pages.
When I played some trance music that I used to listen to back when I was 13-14
I love how irrelevant tumblr is. like no celebrities on here, no colleagues or family on here, no one’s famous off tumblr or making money, tbh no ones even updating the site like is there even any staff? who knows? it’s bliss
I wish the Journey game was on the Nintendo Switch
With a few hours left of 2019 and the end of a decade, I had to sit down and think about where the past 10 years had gone….
Honestly, this wasn’t the best but it wasn’t the worst either. It felt like a roller coaster. Had a great couple years but then the rest felt like shit ever since but I’m trying to look at the positives instead from 2009 to 2019
- Graduated high school
- Graduated college
- Finally happy in a field I love to work in and hope to get through school this year in said career and get back on my feet (despite getting into more debt, already figuring out plans to knock it out…hopefully)
- Getting into cooking more,eating healthier, and actually enjoying making meals
- Getting into more hobbies like: horseback riding, knitting, watercolor, print block, biking, and other activities to try out
- While I have reconnected and drifted apart with some friends from my high school/college years, I’ve learned that’s life and I need to step out and meet more like-minded people
- Still trying to overcome some personal issues that I’m finally facing bit by bit
I While I haven’t made any groundbreaking achievements, I’ve definitely learned it’s not bad to be a late bloomer. Some of these things helped me and it’s the little stuff that does wonders.
Here’s hoping my 30’s and the new decade will be better.
Guess who finally got a Nintendo Switch?
Michael Phelps to his son: Ok Boomer
- don’t hug me i’m scared fandom with the humanoid notebook and clock
- fluffy chicken day
- those blue pictures that said ‘reblog if you’re in the ______ fandom!’
- all the tumblr island, tumblr university, etc. plans that eventually led to the planning of a tumblr convention which is what gave us the beautiful shitshow that was dashcon. the dashcon ballpit was overall tumblr’s best meme in my time on here imo, second only to sonic for real justice
- tumblr trick or treating on halloween¿?
- TUMBLR PROM
- everyone remembers mishapocalypse but remember the all-out war that went down a year later when people couldn’t decide if there should be another one?? that was honestly almost as scary as the actual mishapocalypse
- speaking of misha collins, when he posted his phone number online and this entire website collectively lost its shit. everyone had to post their text convos w/ misha
- FRANCIEUM VS FORFUTUREFERENCEONLY
- “the only adult supervision we have on tumblr is john green” (yikes)
- the time everyone was gonna purposely not post anything the sunday after the guy who played uncle vernon in the harry potter movies died because of the quote “no post on sundays” but then everyone like……forgot and posted stuff anyway
- the tumblr version of some nights by fun
- moreos guy
- when the 50th anniversary of doctor who fell on the same day as some one direction thing and everyone got really offended at this facebook post someone had screenshotted that said like “1d will be around way longer than ur shitty alien tv show” lmao
- “swiggity swag, what’s in the bag”
- when yahoo was buying tumblr and everyone was flipping shit and making posts saying shit like “yahoo better not go ToO fAR!!! they have an army, but we have a hulk!!!” honestly if i was yahoo and considering buying a website for more than a million dollars and then saw that that was what the userbase was like i would have backed the fuck out of that business deal
- those “men of tumblr” posts, you know the ones i mean
- when everyone hated miranda cosgrove?? was there a reason behind that or,,
- back in 2013 everyone was planning to do this “tumblr day” on march 5th where you were supposed to write a big t on your hand and then if you saw anyone else with it you were supposed to “hug and exchange urls” lmao. im pretty sure no one actually did this but if that doesn’t describe the general social climate of tumblr back then idk what does
Hold my beer
After pushing aside and resisting art for several years, it’s been so nice to get back into doing it all from painting, printing, and doodling. I doubt I’ll become successful in it but even if it is just a side hobby of mine, feels good just doing it for myself and on my own pace.
I’m so devastated right now
“Your life will get better when you realize it’s better to be alone than to chase people who don’t really care about you.”
— Thema Davis
I love one (1) Austrian man